Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Lending Out Books

Hey everyone! Sarah here! Recently, my friend and I decided to do a book swap. We both have been recommending books to each other for ages and thought it would be fun to swap. This got my thinking about how anxious I get when I lend out my precious books. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of books that I love and want others to read and love them too, but I'm not a library. I just don't want them reading my copy...IT MAKES ME NERVOUS!!! 

I don't know about you guys, but my books are very special to me. I like to keep them in decent condition. No screwed up binding, rips, folds, tears, food stains, etc. When I give people my books, I don't know what they are going to do with it. Will it come back in one piece? Who knows? UGH! I also feel very anxious, like I need it back ASAP or I can't function. One time I lent my friend this book to read and I got it back a year later. If she had lost it...well...*pounds fist into hand*. 

Over the years, I have not taken awesome care of books. My Twilight pages have been dog eared in places I like and my copy of Beastly is throughly worn out. Since then, I try to treat my books with utmost care and lend my books to people I can trust will not damage them, lose them, and will return them promptly and in one piece. I even have made some rules:

  1. No dog earing pages
  2. Do not read near large amounts of food, water, or other liquids
  3. Do not rip any pages
  4. Return it ASAP
  5. Don't bring it anywhere you might lose it
  6. Do not fold back the cover
  7. Do not drop it
  8. If hardcover, don't lose the jacket
  9. Don't lend it to anyone else
  10. Enjoy it!!! :)
Do you guys have any book lending anxiety? Any book lending horror stories? Please tell me I'm not alone in this...

Peace. Love. Read On.
xoxo Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment