Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Molly Reviews: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Pages: 372
Publishing Company: Speak
Publication Date: January 1, 2010
ISBN: 0142419400
My Rating:
Synopsis: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

Review: I went back and forth a lot with this book. There were times where I absolutely loved it, and other times where I thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever read. In the end, I wound up liking the book. I wouldn't say that I liked it a lot or that it's my favorite or anything, but it was definitely a good read.

This book is written in the present tense which was kinda weird but I could roll with it. I really enjoyed the characters. I thought that they had full personalities and they had their own quirks and issues which was cute. I loved that the novel took place in France because most of the books in YA that I read are usually set within the US so it was a nice change of pace for everything.
In the end though, this books is only getting three stars from me because I did have a love/hate relationship with it and I'm probably not going to be rereading it anytime soon. I think my main problem with this one was that I had my expectations set too high so I was a little let down in the end. I do however recommend this book to anyone who likes to read contemporary YA because you will adore this book!

Talk to you soon!
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment