Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Molly Reviews: The Sea of Monsters

Title: The Sea of Monsters
Author: Rick Riordan
Pages: 288
Publishing Company: Disney Hyperion Books
Publication Date: April 1, 2006
ISBN: 1423103343
My Rating: 
Synopsis: Percy Jackson’s seventh-grade year has been surprisingly quiet. Not a single monster has set foot on his New York prep-school campus. But when an innocent game of dodgeball among Percy and his classmates turns into a death match against an ugly gang of cannibal giants, things get . . . well, ugly. And the unexpected arrival of Percy’s friend Annabeth brings more bad news: the magical borders that protect Camp Half-Blood have been poisoned by a mysterious enemy, and unless a cure is found, the only safe haven for demigods will be destroyed.

In this fresh, funny, and hugely anticipated follow up to The Lightning Thief, Percy and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their beloved camp. But first, Percy will discover a stunning new secret about his family—one that makes him question whether being claimed as Poseidon’s son is an honor or simply a cruel joke.

Review: Well, kids, I finally finished this one. I feel very accomplished since I've finished reading both A Game of Thrones and now The Sea of Monsters. As some of you know, I've been trying to finish reading these books for a while but I was in such a reading slump for such along time, it never really happened. Well, I finally finished this one and it was so good I don't really know why it took me so long.
I read part of the Percy Jackson series before but I wanted to reread some of the books before finishing it because I had read them such a long time ago. I did, however, see the movie and I thought the movie was pretty good. Then I reread this book and noticed all of the awesome stuff those losers left out of it. Sea of Monsters was a great sequel in that it kept with the same humor and was just as exciting as the first novel. The reader finds out a lot more in this book such as the prophecy and we learn about who Thalia is and we're left with a HUGE cliffhanger at the end. PJO has wormed it's way back into my heart and it's definitely one of my favorite series.
I personally love Rick Riordan's writing style. It's very funny and even though it's geared toward a middle grade audience, I find that it will please people of all ages. He has a very sarcastic sense of humor which is appealing to me and it's written in the sense the Percy is talking to you more than writing a formal paper.
In the end, I enjoyed this book immensely and I can't wait to pick up The Titan's Curse.

I'll talk to all of you soon!
xoxo,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment