Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Top 10 Most Anticipated Debut Novels

Hello everyone!
It's Molly here and today I have this week's Top 10 Tuesday. This week we'll be talking about the top 10 debut novels I'm looking forward to reading in 2015. I'm really looking forward to picking up some of these debuts and I hope they're as good as they sound!

1. Even When You Lie to Me by Jessica Alcott
This book is about a bookworm with a little bit of a forbidden romance in the mix. The teacher/student relationship seems like it will be an interesting one with a lot of truths about the boundaries of romantic relationships. Y
ou can find this one on shelves on June 9, 2015.

2. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
Adam Silvera writes about some gritty topics in this debut release. There's talk about suicide as well as gay romance. I am personally looking forward to this book because I think that these topics are extremely important and deserve to be talked about. This debut drops on June 16, 2015.

3. City of Savages by Lee Kelly
City of Savages is written inside of a POW camp in one of America's most treasured cities, New York. Written during a terrible war, two sisters go around the city trying to es
cape the Red Allies while they are simultaneously being torn apart by a love triangle. I'm excited to read this book on it's release date, February 3, 2015.

4. The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace
Lost long princesses and mysterious deaths were enough for me to be entranced by this title. This seems like the typical cookie cutter story that everyone needs every once in a while. You'll see this cover in bookstores on March 3, 2015.

5. Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee
I love me some good old historical fiction! This is the story of a friendship between a slave and a runaway musician. This books seems so heartwarming and I'm definitely going to be picking it up on March 17, 2015.

6. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
This books won't be released until February 10, but I've already heard TONS of hype about it. The world seems really interesting and it reminds me a lot of some of my favorite books. I'm excited to dive into this fantasy novel very soon.

7. The Witch Hunter byVirginia Boecker
I'm probably the most excited for this book. The Witch Hunter is described as having the best parts of Graceling and the best parts of Game of Thrones which makes me SUPER pumped. The fact that a witch h
unter actually has to team up with her enemy to clear her name sounds so intriguing. I can't wait to get this one on June 2, 2015.

8. Vendetta by Catherine Doyle
When I first read the synopsis for this book I immediately thought of Romeo and Juliet. There's a forbidden romance and what sounds like a mafia so this book is bound to be awesome. Vendetta is already in bookstores! It came out on January 1, 2015.

9. Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra
This seems like such a dramatic book. Charaipotra writes her debut novel about ballet and is releasing it just in time to read it on the beach (May 26, 2015). The way the book is described seriously reminds me of the books The Clique and Private. It sounds right up my alley and I can't wait to pick it up!

10. Valiant by Sarah McGuire
If there is one thing you need to know about me, it's that I LOVE fairytale retellings. Valiant is a retelling of the tale "The Brave Little Tailor" and it has a kick-ass female lead. Saville is a clever character who is able to save her village from some nasty giants. The release date for this tale is June 9, 2015.

That's all for this Tuesday! I'll see you soon hopefully with some reviews. I really can't wait for some of these titles. I'm really looking forward to what this year is going to bring! Talk to you guys later!

Love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment